Vegan 'Smoked Salmon'
MOORISH PRODUCT: Moorish Avocado Humous
SERVE SIZE: 4 bagels
PREP TIME: 5 minutes
COOKING TIME: 15 minutes
For the carrot "smoked salmon":
For the bagels:
- Begin by making the carrot ‘smoked salmon’. Firstly, top and tail the carrots. We used a mandolin to achieve 1mm think slices or use a knife to cut the carrots thinly.
- Pour 1 litre of water into a wide shallow saucepan and bring to the boil. Add the carrots, teabags, salt, maple syrup, nori and kombu and allow to cook for 30 seconds before turning off the heat. Set aside and allow to steep until cool.
- Drain and wipe away the seaweed and teabags. This can be stored in the fridge for up to 2 days but is ready to use straight away.
- Next, simply split and toast the bagel face side down on a hot griddle, or face side up under a grill until toasted and a little charred.
- Now you can begin to assemble. Split the tub of Moorish Avocado Humous between the 4 toasted bagel bases and spread evenly. Top with the avocado, then the carrots, laying them onto the bagel like smoked salmon ribbons. Finish with the onions, capers and seasoning and pop the bagel top on to serve.