Pear, Beetroot Humous
MOORISH PRODUCT: Moorish Smoked Humous with Beetroot
SERVE SIZE: 2 sandwiches
PREP TIME: 10 minutes
COOKING TIME: 10 minutes
For the pan-fried pears:
For the mint and basil oil:
For the sandwich:
- Begin by making the pears. Place a frying pan over high heat and add a little oil. Once hot, add the pears and season with salt and pepper. Quickly fry until slightly browned on both sides and set aside for later.
- The dressing is next. Add the mint and basil leaves into a mortar and pestle, along with the oil and lemon juice. Pound until it’s broken up into herb oil, then season with plenty of salt and pepper.
- To build the sandwich, spread a layer of the humous on 2 slices of bread, add a layer of cooked beetroot, and four slices of mozzarella on each. Finish with the pears, and lastly a good spoonful of dressing.
- Place the other piece of bread on top and brush both sides with a little oil.
- Using the same pan you cooked the pears in, fry the sandwiches over a medium heat. Do this to both sides until crisp and golden, and the mozzarella has melted.
- Finally, serve and enjoy!